USE OF BITUMEN PAINT COATING AS WATERPROOFING
Bitumen paint is in construction for waterproofing, and corrosion resistance. The bitumen can be used as a raw material or as a mix depending on application areas. It can be used roads, runways, parking lots, foot paths. Bituminous paint can be applied to iron and steel structures, metal products, castings, asbestos cement sheet and structural concrete surfaces. It is also used as mix in building and construction sector from basement to roofing to provide excellent waterproofing quality.
Properties of bitumen Paint:
• Bituminous paint protects the steel surfaces from rusting.
• Bituminous paint is a ready-to-use product that does not require thinning.
• It is applied using a brush or spray.
• Bituminous paint is strong, waterproof, durable, and can resist harsh manufacturing chemicals and UV light.
• Bitumen can be used to waterproof an object by preventing water penetration or to damp proof an object by increasing the object’s resistance to humidity.
• It is used for exterior metalwork and steelwork such as fire escape, ladders, pits, under pipes, rails, fences and gates.
• It is a flexible coating solution that can be applied both above and below the floor.
Applying Bituminous Paints:
After you've cleaned the surface, remove residual dust with compressed air before applying the first coat of bituminous paint. Its applied to surfaces in liquid form and are used to repel water from a variety of structures. Depending on the environment, coating requirements and coating formulation, bituminouss paints can be applied with a brush, roller, trowel or sprayer. Bituminous coatings are effective at waterproofing and resistant to chemical and UV attack.